If you’re a fan of the Sicario trilogy, you may be bummer. Sicario 3:Out to hear that the third installment, Sicario 3, has been delayed for a year. This was confirmed by director Denis Villeneuve in an interview with Slash Film. While there is no set release date yet, it sounds like filming will start in early 2020 and take about 12 months to complete.
This means that we won’t be seeing Sicario 3 until sometime in 2021 at the earliest. This news may come as a disappointment to some fans, but it’s important to remember that movies are never released in a perfect state. Updates and modifications are always necessary in order to get the film exactly right. So don’t worry—you can still expect an amazing film when Sicario 3 finally comes out.
The reason for the delay
The delay in the release of Sicario follows the close of final editing on the film last week. The film was initially set for release on October 2nd, but has now been pushed back to November 18th. This was largely due to a decision by director Denis Villeneuve and producer Charles Rove to add an extra month’s worth of post-production work.
The delay is not just happening with Sicario however, as several other films have also had their release dates pushed back recently. This includes Mad Max: Fury Road which had its original release date moved from May 15th 2015 to May 6th 2016, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens which was originally set for December 18th 2015 but has now been moved to December 15th 2016.
What will be in Sicario 3
The third and final installment of the Sicario trilogy, originally scheduled for release in December 2017, has been delayed until 2018. Michael DeLuca, head of domestic distribution at Sony Pictures Entertainment, cited “creative differences” as the cause of the delay.
The plot of Sicario 3 remains unknown;
However, it is report that original stars Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin will not reprise their roles. In an interview with Deadline, director Denis. Villeneuve said that he hoped to “push things forward” in terms of story and cinematography.
A new cast have been announce including Benicia del Toro (Sicario) and Catherine Keener (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). Isabelle Huppert (Elle), Javier Barden (No Country for Old Men), and Maria de Arrant (Babel) are also set to appear.
When will Sicario 3 be release?
Sicario have been delay for a year. The film was originally set to be release on November 18, 2017, but it have been push back to October 2, 2018. Director Denis Villeneuve stated that the delay is due to “final polishing” of the film.
In an interview with Indie Wire, actress Emily Blunt said that she was not happy with her role in the film. She said that she felt like she was a “minor” part and did not feel like she was able to do justice to her character.
Sicario 3 delayed for a year. This comes as no surprise to fans of the series, who have long to see what director. Denis Villeneuve would do with his follow-up to the critically acclaimed Sicario. The film was originally schedule for release in October 2017 but has now been push back until October 2018.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, producer Basil. Waknuk said that they want “a bigger, more visceral”. Sicario experience and are taking the time necessary to make sure this happens. We will have to wait another year to find out just how big and visceral the Sicario experience will be.